Thursday, September 17, 2009

Keep Trying

So let's forget about the fact that I said BACK IN MARCH that I was going to blog more and here we are in the middle of September. This my friends (or should I say mom since I am pretty sure she is the only one who checks this blog out) is why I have titled this post "Keep Trying". When I say I am going to do something and it doesn't work out quite like I had planned, rather than give up I am going to KEEP TRYING! So here we are in the thick of college football season and colder weather setting in. This little guy started preschool this past week...
Sorry about the quality of the picture, I took it on my phone. Can you tell he was excited! T-man did great on both days and asks every night if he has school the next morning. And then there is this crazy girl... Baby G has a very keen ability to DRIVE HER BROTHER CRAZY and most of the time it is completely on purpose. Both kids are at a very fun and interactive age but they are also at a very testing and trying age. Trying...as in trying my patience and testing...as in testing the limits of how much they can get away with. Both I am sure are characteristics that the Lord has to deal with me on a regular basis.

We have had a very busy but great summer. We went on our first week long vacation togther as a family. Jeff's aunt and uncle own a farm in Iowa and we went out there to attend his family reunion. It is a large corn and soybean farm with lots of tractors. See...
As you can imagine Tommy was in tractor heaven! We also spent many afternoons at the park this summer and just enjoyed our time being together. It hits me quite often that before I know it these babes will be grown up and mom won't be quite so fun to play with anymore. Until then, I am going to ask them everyday to "Let Me Hold You Longer" (if you haven't read this Karen Kingsbury children's book it is a must have).

No comments: