Thursday, March 26, 2009

They Are Worth It



At the start of '09 my already part-time job became REALLY part-time and included quite a substantial decrease in our income. The only other option that I had was to go back to work full-time. I spoke with Jeff about this and full-time was not an option for us. I have 6 years before these precious babes will go off and be in school all day. We knew it would be a sacrifice, and it definitely HAS been a sacrifice but let me tell you THEY ARE WORTH IT. Raising these children and taking care of our home and supporting my husband, this is my REAL job and this is what God has called me to do. I know there are families that have no choice but for both parents to work and I respect them for doing what is necessary to pay their bills, but for us we did have an option and although it is tight at times, I know that we are being obedient to the Lord and He is ALWAY faithful to provide for us.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been terrible about updating my blog but I am hoping to be more consistent from now on. Every day I check up on this sweet little boy. You can read about Jonah here

Jonah has a rare skin disorder called EB and praise God he is about to go home from the hospital. He still needs prayer for his condition and for his parents who will have to deal with at home care for him. He requires daily bandage changes that can be pretty painful for him. Please keep Jonah and the Williams family in your prayers.




1 comment:

Pam M. said...

You put this into words beautifully, Diana. I feel the same way about our choice for me to be at home with our children while they are young. It's truly a blessing and a sacrifice - one we wouldn't trade for anything.