Friday, November 21, 2008

Are You Sure I Am Qualified?

...Some days I am not sure. It is no secret that parenting two small children is a lot of work. Fortunately for me I have a husband who is very kind and helpful. There are some days (like today for instance) when I want to break down in tears because I think that I am not doing a good job. Why can't I have more patience? Why is my 2 year old in time-out for the 8th time today? Am I teaching them to be kind and respectful? I am trying...and tomorrow is another day. There is a picture on my computer desk that I am looking at while I type this. It is T-man last year in his halloween costume with the biggest smile in the world. And even after a day like today when I want to pull my hair out, I can look at that picture and think that I am the luckiest wife and mother in the world. I have been blessed with a family and a life that I am so very grateful for. Every year during our family Thanksgiving everyone goes around the table and says something they are thankful for...it is never difficult to think of something. There is so very much that I have to be thankful for.

Am I qualified for this...probably not...fortunately for me the Lord isn't done with me yet!

1 comment:

La Vie en Rose said...

I'm sure you are doing perfectly well - just look at those lovely smiling faces!

We hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving today. Please remember me to your family and give them my best wishes.

Here in France we have one small turkey for two! See you soon xx