Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After...

Election day is over now and although the results are not what I had hoped for, I have a peace in knowing that God is still God and HE is still very much in control. What a relief to know that the results were not a surprise to Him. Am I still worried about the economy...absolutely. Do I still wonder about the next 4 years for our country as a whole...you betcha. The results are in and the votes are tallied, now it is our turn to do our job. We are called to pray. Pray for our leaders, pray for our nation, pray for each other. Boy, in my crazy life with two little ones do I fail at this sometimes. Fortunately for me, the Lord knows my heart and He is full of grace. As a believer in Jesus, I know that this is what I am called to do.

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness." I Timothy 2:1-2 NIV


No comments: