Thursday, October 1, 2009

Following His Will

"Be joyful always, pray continually,
give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18

I remember right after high school, I was struggling to figure out my "next step". I wasn't sure I wanted to go to college right away but I didn't want to jump right in to working either. In the end, I decided to complete a Discipleship Training School with Youth With a Mission. This consisted of a 3-month training period in Hawaii (rough I know) followed by a 2-month trip to India. During the process of making this decision I remember seeking and praying often, "Lord, what is Your will for my life?" I have asked this question SO many times over the years and always worried that the answer was complex or I wasn't meeting His expectations.

The verse above is written in my little MOPS daily calendar that I keep in my kitchen. I read it yesterday and thought, "Ouch". Can I be honest...I am not there yet. If this is God's will for me than I have a lot of work to do. I am NOT joyful in all things, I do NOT pray continually, and I do NOT give thanks in all circumstances...BUT I have a heart that wants to get there and I know that there is grace from above and His mercies are new EVERY morning. Along with this part of God's will is the other part of His will for my life...















...and these three are part of God's will for me...being the best wife, mother, sister, friend, and most importantly daughter of the King...THAT is God's will for me. All along I thought that the answer was so difficult to find. Now that I have found it...I am going to work everyday to fulfill it.

No comments: